The passion “Organizer” has a very special place in my heart because I love doing it. I gushed every time I watch Linda Koopersmith on Clean House turning any mess to immaculately organized in tasteful designs. She is one of the pioneers in the business definitely making professional organizer popular and highlighted it as real career for those who got this as a passion.
To cite a successful project, check out what she did to Lindsay Lohan’s walk-in closet, walk-in closet is an understatement, it looked like a shabby boutique.
Do you feel that you also love this path? Read on as she shares what she loves and learn as I did:
- Description. People often comment to me about my passion. I can only describe it as my love of life! It’s something that fulfills me everyday, and it gives me great joy. It’s the only thing I know one can do that at the end of the day you can stand back and say to yourself, “Look what I did!” I’m amazed every time!
- Discovery. I think it started as a very young child. I shared a room with a sister who was 7 years older. We had to learn how to co-exist in a small space. My side was always neat and tidy, her’s not so much! I remember when she left for college within the first day I was dismantling her bed and rearranging the room.
- Conquered Challenges. I think my biggest challenge was the time I had to spend away from my daughter while I was on Clean House from 2003-2005. I spent long hours away from home during those years. It was hard but we somehow managed.
- Feeling for Living. There is nothing I’d rather do in the world than Organize & Design. I feel like the luckiest lady alive! I know it’s a gift to say my work is FUN! I absolutely LOVE IT! I just wish I could be in 50 places at once so I could help more people.
- Greatest Achievements. I’m still working on more, but to date, I’ve created new organizing products that will be available in the Spring 2012. I have a line of velvet jewelry organizers that are currently being sold at The Container Store. I’ve written a book, and I’ve been fortunate to meet and work for some of the most incredible people.
- Sharing. I share it everyday with my crew, and those around me I am organizing & designing for. I’d like nothing more than to expand that to a greater outreach. Currently I am in discussions to create web segments, so people all over the world can tune into see where I am and what magic I’m making one house/office at a time.
She founded the company The Beverly Hills Organizer in 1989 but at first she made it up! Here’s her true inspiring story that is genius because she gave more than organizing solution to businesses while still considering meeting her personal needs:
I needed to find a way to make more money, and in turn allow me to have more time to spend at home since I was a single, pregnant mom.
The idea to organize as a career came to me from my experience as a commercial real estate agent. For 3 years I leased office space, and noticed time and again that IF people were more organized, they would need less square footage, and ultimately save money. Hence the idea of organizing for others was born.
Connect with Linda Koopersmith:
- Visit the Website
- Telephone – 001-310-704-5573
- Follow her on Twitter – @Lindakoopersmit