I watched Ms. Julie Goodwin on television to successfully earn the well deserved title MasterChef but the crowned first ever winner of the 2009 MasterChef Australia in this interview when asked how would she call her passion – she answered Cook. A one fine cook indeed with the right attitude about the beautiful soul of cooking – doing it with love for the people that matter.
I most especially admire her for three reasons, (1) living her passion with grace, (2) her dream to bring people together with her hearty and tasty cooking (I definitely look forward in dining in her restaurant one day with my family and friends), and (3) above all is her love to her family.
Short, sweet, and spoonful – Julie was kind to share more about her passion.
- Description. Cooking is the way I express love to my family and friends. It’s how I support those in my community who are struggling, it’s how I express myself, and it’s one of the characteristics that makes me who I am.
- Discovery. When I first moved out of home there was not a lot of money, but I have always enjoyed good food. So I figured out if I wanted to eat well I would have to cook well!
- Conquered Challenges. The thing that has allowed me to pursue cooking and food writing as a full time career was Masterchef Australia. Entering that competition and winning it has changed my whole career and given me so many wonderful opportunities.
- Feeling for Living. I feel like the luckiest person alive!
- Greatest Achievements. My three boys, my wonderful marriage, and my cookbooks.
- Sharing. By cooking for as many people as I can, and by authoring cookbooks, blogs and columns.
Connect with Julie Goodwin: