“A single grain of rice can tip the scale. One man may be the difference between victory and defeat.”
~Emperor of China from the movie Mulan
You think is it impossible that a single person can give such a huge impact in a certain situation? If you doubt that it is impossible in real life think again and see the difference of a man’s single vote to change the faith of as big as a country.
- In 1645, one vote gave Oliver Cromwell control of England.
- In 1649, one vote caused Charles I, King of England, to be executed.
- In 1868, one vote saved President Andrew Johnson from impeachment.
- In 1875, one vote changed France from a monarchy to a republic.
- In 1876, one vote gave Rutherford B. Hayes the presidency of the United States.
- In 1923, one vote gave Adolph Hitler leadership in the Nazi party.
- In 1941, one vote saved the Selective Service – just weeks before the bombing of Pearl Harbor.
Every individual in this world is significant; it is up to us to stood up for what we believe and we can choose to be great.
Source of Vote Info: A 6th Bowl of Chicken Soup for the Soul (Page 265) by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen.